- ½ to tablespoons good wine vinegar or a mixture of vinegar and lemon juice.
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- ground pepper to taste
- Emulsify all ingredients except capers with a whisk
- Add capers
- 1 lb fresh salmon filet, preferably wild
Either grill or broil salmon. To broil:
- Pre-heat broiler
- Place salmon fillet on a heated iron skillet and broil for about 6 minutes or according to your taste
Mixed Salad with Salmon
- 2 large crisp heads of romaine lettuce
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb. salmon, grilled or broiled and separated in bite size pieces
- 4 hard boiled jumbo eggs, halved
- 12 flat anchovy fillets
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of vinaigrette in a large mixing bowl.
- Tear romaine into 1½ inch pieces and toss in the viniagrette.
- Place romaine on 4 cold salad plates.
- Pour remaining vinaigrette in the bowl and toss gently the next 2 ingredients separately and place each over the preceding ingredient.
- Place 3 egg halves evenly on sides of the plate.
- Curl each anchovy fillet and place atop each egg half.
Serve immediately for 4 people.