- 2 cups basil leaves—about 2 bunches
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 8 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
- 14 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- ground pepper
- Wash basil leaves and then dry them.
- Place basil leaves, garlic cloves, pine nuts, salt, and parmesan cheese in blender or food processor. Pulse blender several times until ingredients are chopped.
- Add lemon juice and pulse again.
- Gradually add olive oil while pulsing.
Produces 1 pint of pesto