- 1 16 oz jar pickled okra
- 1 oz container whipped cream cheese with chives
- ½ lb thinly sliced Virginia ham
- Drain pickled okra and pat dry with paper towel
- Spread thinly about 3 tablespoons of cream cheese on one slice of ham.
- Trim ends of okra and place 2 end to end on ham slice and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Cover and chill ham rolls at least 4 hours or up to 24
- Slice each ham roll into bite size pieces before serving, use toothpicks to secure, and serve on a bed of greens
I use Safeway Virginia and ask the attendant to slice as thinly as possible. Okra is sold mild and hot, but frankly I taste no difference. If you can not find whipped cream cheese with chives, finely chop some chives to mix with it.