- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white Karo syrup
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 stick margarine
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Before starting the candy, boil 2 litres of water. You will need this for cleaning up afterwards.
- Measure the sugar, water, and syrup in a deep pot. Cook on high heat until bubbly.
- Add the peanuts and cook to 280º.
- Add the margarine and cook to 295º, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the baking soda. Stir gently, allowing the candy to rise completely.
- Pour candy on buttered (or Pam’ed) cookie sheet/toast pan.
- Allow the candy to cool completely before breaking it into pieces.