- 1 top sirloin or cut of top round steak, about 2 lbs
- 1 can Veg-all or can of mixed vegetables
- 1 small can tomato paste (or 1 can chopped tomatoes)
- 1 small can button mushrooms
- Line a baking dish with foil leaving enough to fold and close when the steak and vegetables are put inside. (I use either a corning wear dish or a bigger le Creuset if I am doubling the recipe.)
- Cut steak into serving sizes, season with pepper/salt as desired. In a large skillet, preheat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot, dredge the steak pieces in flour and brown them on both sides quickly. Remove the steak from the pan and put into the foil lined baking dish.
- In the skillet, put the undrained can of Veg-all, the tomato sauce (or tomatoes) and the button mushrooms. Bring to a boil quickly. Pour over the steak and seal the foil tightly.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 2 hours.
- Serve steak and gravy over hot white rice.
This recipe can easily be doubled or halved. It can be prepared and frozen before baking as well.