- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Arrange asparagus in a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together olive oil, sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes until well-blended; pour over asparagus.