- 4 cups green beans (I use Trader Joe’s haricot verts)
- 4 cups tart, crunchy apples with skins left on and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped English walnuts
- 2-3 tbs walnut or olive oil
- Raspberry or red wine vinegar, to taste
- Lemon juice
- Roquefort cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil, put green beans in pot, and after water returns to another rolling boil, cook them for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain off hot water and place green beans in an ice water bath until they have cooled. Dry them on a paper towel.
- Toss chopped apples in a small amount of lemon to prevent discoloring.
- When ready to serve, use greens of your choice as a bed, toss green beans, apples, English walnuts, and Roquefort cheese in a bowl and drizzle with dressing.
- Add a few pieces of cheese to the top of each serving.