- 3½ cups flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup shortening, at room temperature
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the shortening and butter into the dry ingredients to make a soft dough. Add the raisins.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl and then pour into the dough. Form the dough into a large ball and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Pre-heat an electric skillet to 300 degrees. Break off a walnut-sized pieces of the dough and roll them between your hands to make a ball. Keep rolling the dough until you have formed all the dough. Using a flat bottom glass, floured, flatten each ball of dough.
- Place each cookie into the heated skillet and bake for about 5 minutes per side or until evenly browned.