- 1Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb carrots, washed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground coriander
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 3 Tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Single cream to serve if liked
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions, carrots. and garlic. Sauté for 4 minutes until they are beginning to soften but not color. Stir in the ground coriander and plenty of seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are really tender. Stir in the fresh coriander.
- Whizz the soup with a stick blender or transfer to a food processor. Add the lemon juice and nutmeg to taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Reheat until just hot but not boiling and serve. Garnish with a swirl of cream if desired.