- 1+ lb ground meat: any combination of beef, pork, veal, turkey, chicken
- Garlic salt
- Italian or plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green peppers
- 1/4 to 1/3 of a can of 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 egg, beat up
- Put ground meat in a bowl. Add a bit of garlic salt and ground pepper. Add quite a bit of bread crumbs. Add onions, green peppers, tomato sauce, and egg. Mix well. If too soft, add more bread crumbs.
- Put mixture in a rectangular glass bowl. Cook uncovered in the oven at 375° for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Drain juices, combine with remaining tomato sauce, and heat for sauce.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.