This recipe came from Rick’s mother, Evelyn Tucker, who made Turkey Salad every year from leftover turkey after Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. This is Rick’s best recollection of the recipe; it wasn’t written down anywhere.
- Leftover turkey, both white and dark meat (I prefer half-and-half), cut into oblong pieces about 1/2 to 3/4 inch long or wide
- Celery, cut into 1/2″ wide and 1/4″ thin pieces (about 1/2 the volume, or less, of the turkey pieces)
- Scallions (green onions), cut into 1/4″ thin pieces (about 1/4 the volume, or less, of the turkey pieces)
- Combine turkey, celery, and scallion pieces
- Mix in only enough mayonnaise to lightly coat all of the pieces, and then a tad more
- Pepper and salt to taste