Also known as Boopie’s Birdie Bake!
- 1 to 1½ lb. ground turkey
- ½ bag spinach, washed, and stems removed
- 12 oz. fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced
- olive oil
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- worcestershire sauce
- Sauté spinach in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 5-8 minutes (spinach will shrink dramatically in volume). Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, slices mushrooms, and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh garlic.
- Sauté until mushrooms are tender. Return spinach to skillet, mix with mushrooms, sprinkle with nutmeg, and heat through. Remove from heat.
- In bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and mix well.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, make an 8″ by 12″ square of the meat mixture. Put spinach and mushrooms on top. Roll meat as you would a jelly roll.
- Bake in 375° oven for 35 minutes.