- 1 lb. beef (top/bottom, round), cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups, rice
- 4 cups, water or beef broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 tomatoes (or 1 can tomatoes for cooking)
- 1 small can mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon each salt, curry, garlic, pepper
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Put 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Brown beef cubes quickly.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add rice and cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add water (or broth) and bring to a boil.
- Put beef and rice mixture in a deep casserole dish. Add tomatoes and mushrooms, spices, salt, pepper, and mix.
- Cook at 375ºF for 1 hour.
- Before serving, top with cheese and parsley