This is the spaghetti sauce my mother made in my youth. We didn’t buy bottles of already made pasta sauce… was there a market for them then?
- 1¼ lb. ground beef
- ½ large onion, chopped
- chili powder
- 6 cloves garlic
- large can (29 oz.) Hunt’s tomato sauce
- regular can of tomato soup
- Brown ground beef in skillet
- Mix in onions and stir
- Lightly cover beef and onion mix with oregano and chili powder
- Chop garlic cloves and add to mix
- Add tomato sauce and tomato soup, and stir
- Simmer for as long as desired… at least an hour!