- 1 1/3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups fine cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart oysters
- salt to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 Tbs chopped parsley
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 Tbs milk or cream
- dashes of hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Butter a deep casserole dish.
- Mix the bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, parsley, and enough butter to moisten.
- Place mixture on bottom of casserole, add oysters to cover, then salt and pepper. Continue with layers, ending with cracker mixture.
- Mix 1 cup oyster liquid, Worcestershire Sauce, pepper sauce, cream and egg, and pour over top before adding last cracker mixture.
- Bake uncovered until puffy and brown, about 45 minutes.