- 1 large eggplant, chopped into small cubes (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme (dry or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slightly-beaten eggs
- 3 cups cooked orzo (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup grated or shredded cheddar (or other) cheese
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat over medium-high heat
- Add chopped eggplant, bell pepper, onion, garlic, half of the thyme, and olive oil. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in eggs, cooked orzo, skim milk, and cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture into a 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bake in oven at 350º for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot at center.